Project Grant Program
The Project Grants Program provides grant awards ranging from $500 to $3,500 (USD) to be used for specific project expenses.
Click here to determine your eligibility.
To download an application please sign in on the Members page.
The Spring Cycle Deadline for Project Grants is March 29, 2013
The Fall Cycle Deadline for Projects Grants is September 30, 2013
- Projects to protect and restore wetlands that will result in ongoing or positive permanent change in the habitat;
- On-the-ground restoration activities that include an action component to create permanent change (a small amount of funding for this area);
- Advocating for low-impact solutions to community storm water issues;
- Participation in land use planning and zoning;
- Participation in watershed planning;
- Watch-dogging and participating in the development, implementation, and enforcement of local, state, provincial, and federal aquatic habitat protection regulations;
- Non-partisan voter education, voter registration, and candidate forums;
- Advocating for naturally functioning river and coastal ecosystems;
- Reducing polluted runoff;
- Launching special initiatives or creating unique opportunities to strengthen citizen involvement in aquatic habitat protection and restoration;
- Communicating how local wetlands, lakes and rivers are interconnected in the Great Lakes Basin.